When I started listening to country last summer, I would actually roll up the windows in my car. With some prodding and persistence from my country-music-listening boyfriend and former roommate, I started singing along and put FM 106.1 on my presets. Now, I sing an off-key version of Chicken Fried at a stop light while a man on a motorcyle watches. Yes, I like country music.
Even if the twang and the southern accent makes you wish for permanent ear plugs, I hope you are able appreciate the messages within the songs below.
- There are things that matter and things that don’t, so This Ain’t Nothin.
- Work is not as important as you imagine. Don’t Miss Your Life.
- Marriage can last. All you have to do is Love Like Crazy.
- There is a valid reason why some people do not like country music. The song is called Camouflage.
- Life goes by quick. Don’t Blink.
- Appreciate the stage of the life that you are in because You’re Gonna Miss This.
If you’re an avid or almost country fan, post one of your favorite songs below. If you’re not a fan, go ahead and hate on me in the comments section and give me a better topic to write about. Later, y’all.