When I started listening to country last summer, I would actually roll up the windows in my car. With some prodding and persistence from my country-music-listening boyfriend and former roommate, I started singing along and put FM 106.1 on my presets. Now, I sing an off-key version of Chicken Fried at a stop light while a man on a motorcyle watches. Yes, I like country music.
Even if the twang and the southern accent makes you wish for permanent ear plugs, I hope you are able appreciate the messages within the songs below.
- There are things that matter and things that don’t, so This Ain’t Nothin.
- Work is not as important as you imagine. Don’t Miss Your Life.
- Marriage can last. All you have to do is Love Like Crazy.
- There is a valid reason why some people do not like country music. The song is called Camouflage.
- Life goes by quick. Don’t Blink.
- Appreciate the stage of the life that you are in because You’re Gonna Miss This.
If you’re an avid or almost country fan, post one of your favorite songs below. If you’re not a fan, go ahead and hate on me in the comments section and give me a better topic to write about. Later, y’all.
3 thoughts on “Confession: I Like Country Music”
Love this post! I think you’ll really dig this song:
As someone who used to absolutely hate country music (but now love it), I could not have said it better myself. I, however, love the song “Camouflage” and anything Brad Paisley for that matter. This is my favorite, though: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SFBV7XHI0O4
Greatest post ever ! I am glad you are now a country fan = ) You are so lucky to have a boyfriend and former roommate who could turn you on to the greatest music around.
SEE YA at Zac Brown Band with your cowboy hat !